South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law © 2016
CASES & DECISIONS
|ZA2016-00242||NEDBANK LIMITED vs. JAMES SAI|
| nedbankgreenback.co.za - Pending
nedbankloan.co.za - Pending
nedbankloans.co.za - Pending
nedbankhomeloan.co.za - Pending
nedbankpersonalloans.co.za - Pending
nedbankcareer.co.za - Pending
nedbankcreditcard.co.za - Pending
nedbankvacancies.co.za - Pending
|ZA2016-00241||DISCOVERY LIMITED vs. FNBEASY|
| dicovery.co.za - Pending
|ZA2016-00240||VERIZON TRADE MARK SERVICES LLC vs. PRIVEN REDDY|
| verizondigital.co.za - Pending
|ZA2016-00239||CARDINAL ASSOCIATES, INC vs. JOHN FORTE|
optimsm.co.za - Transfer
|ZA2016-00238||VIRTUAL DATES, INC vs. HARGURNAZ SINGH|
domainking.co.za - Refused
|ZA2016-00237||GRABIT HOLDINGS (PTY) LTD vs. PAUL JANISCH|
grabit.co.za - Transfer
|ZA2016-00236||JAMES PURDEY & SONS LIMITED vs. DEON VENTER|
purdey.co.za - Transfer
|ZA2016-00235||FUJIKURA LTD vs. DEWAN HATTINGH|
fujikura80s.co.za - Transfer
|ZA2016-00234||SASOL LIMITED vs. PHASE CHANGE|
sasolmedgapcover.co.za - Transfer
|ZA2016-00233||SASOL LIMITED vs. GREGORY WALKER|
sasolholdings.co.za - Transfer
DECISIONS MADE BY AN ADJUDICATOR IN TERMS OF THE REGULATIONS WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THIS PAGE AS AND WHEN AVAILABLE.
(1) An adjudicator must decide a dispute in accordance with the principles of law, on the basis of the Dispute, Response, and Reply, if any, and further statements or documents submitted in accordance with these Regulations.
(2) The Adjudicator must forward its Decision on the dispute to the provider within 14 days of its appointment under regulation 20.
(3) The Decision must be in writing, provide the reasons on which it is based, indicate the date on which it was rendered and identify the name of the Adjudicator.
(4) If three adjudicators consider a Dispute, the consentient views of at least two adjudicators shall constitute the Decision.
(5) If one Adjudicator has a dissentient view, such view should also accompany the Decision.
(6) Decisions and dissentient views must comply with the guidelines as to length set forth in the provider's supplementary procedure.
The possible decisions pursuant to a Dispute before an adjudicator are limited to -
(a) in the case of abusive registrations the refusal of the Dispute or the transfer of the disputed domain name to the Complainant;
(b) in the case of offensive registrations the refusal of the Dispute or the deletion and prohibition of the domain name from future registration;
(c) a refusal of the Dispute as the Dispute constitutes reverse domain name hijacking.
Please review the Resources Page for assistance on viewing foreign decisions.